Personal Birthing Experiences






I have not been a part of an actual birthing experience, but I have been part of a mine, because I do not have children, and neither do my siblings. I only have stories of my birth that have been told repeatedly by my mother. She described it as the most horrible experience she ever had. My mother says that it took about 12 hours and that the epidural gave her back pains for months after the birth. Other than that, she says that it was all worth it and it was the best experience of her life! One day, in good timing, I hope to have children of my own and get the experience childbirth.
I am choosing the country of Israel to write about how the birthing experience is there. The reason I chose Israel is because I have a lot of family there. It is very not common to have a home birth, but there are midwives available for if you would like too. Because there are chances of high risks in a birth at home, the state refuses to pay for fees of the birth. So it is important to do good research on the midwife you choose to help you through the process. On the other hand, if the birth is done at the hospital, there is usually a doula or a birthing coach there to help the expecting mother through the birth. Even in hospitals, midwives help deliver the new borns, if you want a physician you have to leave a deposit in advance and have your own private physician.
Birthing is different all over the world, but that is what makes it so special. Each country/region has found a way that works best for them. I do not think that one way is better than the other. All in all, childbirth is a blessing and an amazing experience (based on what mothers have told me).

Resources:
Pregnancy and Birth in Israel. (2017, February 02). Retrieved from http://www.nbn.org.il/aliyahpedia/government-services/health-care-national-insurance/pregnancy-birth/

Comments

  1. Hello Angela,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post this week. I am sure when the time is right you will have a birthing experience that I promise you will not forget. I further agree that the stories in which our mothers tell us about the day we were born are truly funny in part and also so memorable. Just the other day I began telling my children about their births and the look on their faces was priceless. The questions they each had were different and then there was the teasing of each other about who had the best birth. I tell you it was a funny trip to Wal-Mart and back.
    It was interesting to learn that the people of Israel still use mid-wives. I further think the use of having one of them present during birth is very helpful as they are knowledgeable. I agree that birth around the world is very different and counties work to find resolutions that they think are best for their people. The one true thing about birth in my opinion is that a mother will never forget it. It is an experience like no other.
    Thanks for sharing…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your mother was so honest with you about her birth! Not many will straight forward tell you it was a horrible event because so many say it is to be this "special" event LOL.
    I am big on home births and the meaning behind it. But I feel with the complications that can happen during a birth that there should be a midwife or access to a medical staff quickly!
    Birth is amazing ! And something I will never forget. I remember all three of mine as if it was yesterday it is just something you do not forget!
    Looking forward to more of your blogs.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also never had a true baby experience, and now I am past the age . I enjoyed reading about your Mom's experience, it sounds similar to what a coworker told me about hers ,last Friday. The epidurals kept leaving her system before the birth, until eventually the Doctor said no more epidurals. Needless to say , my friend was in a lot of pain.
    Thank you for selecting Israel, that is a country I have always wanted to visit. I selected Nigeria, and it was so different from America , very interesting and hard to imagine.

    Blog you later, Trahlyta.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts