Competent Communication Skills



The person that I am choosing who has great communication skills is my husband, Anthony. The reason I think he has good communication skills is because: he's a good listener, he responds in a kind manner even when he isn't happy, he considers others opinions, and he is very patient. Lastly, he is open minded and friendly. These are all important characteristics that one needs to have competent communication skills.
I am a very aggressive and passionate person, this makes me quick to judge and fast to make decisions. If I took the time to be like Anthony, I would be better at communicating with others. The characteristics mentioned above are important to have as an educator because these are all traits that a nurturing teacher should pass on to her young students.

Comments

  1. Angela,

    I feel I am a mix between your husband and you. At times, I can be quick to judge and make decisions; however, I am also open to others' ideas and opinions, and I am a good listener. I agree that effective communication as an educator is important and that it can take time to learn. In addition, patience is a difficult virtue to acquire. Your husband sounds like an amazing person to have in your life and hopefully others have someone just like him in their lives too.

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela. Great post. It's great that you have your husband there for you to help support you. I think that if you didn't have him there to support you, it probably would be hard for you. It's very easy to quick to judge and not just be patience to find out things. Your husband sounds like he keep you together and help you anyway you can. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,

    I enjoyed reading your blog. I can totally relate to your husband because my wife has always complemented me on how of a good listener I am and when she needs my opinion I am always nice about how to address things. I have to say that my wife shows that same characteristics as you of being aggressive and a very passionate person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts