New insights about issues of equity and excellence

In reading the article by Harvard University, center on the developing child, I have learned and gained insight on new information about early childhood. The first thing I learned was that around the world, children do not reach their full potential by the time they are 5 years old. This means that they have already failed in reaching their goal at such a young age. The second thing I learned was that there are multiple organizations in different countries that do research to understand how this happens, they do this along with the help of policy makers. They take the information that they know and try to incorporate it into ways to help children to develop successfully. The third piece of information that I have learned from the website is that toxic stress can stunt a child to grow in a healthy way. Toxic stress can be a disturbance in a child's life that causes them to struggle not only socially but also in their education.

Partnerships with Global Early Childhood Organizations. (n.d.). Retrieved August 02, 2018, from https://developingchild.harvard.edu/about/what-we-do/global-work/. 

Comments

  1. Angela,

    I have enjoyed reading your blog this week. I too learned so much from this website. I have to say that one of the things that captured my attention was also about the information on early childhood mental health. Just in that section alone I learned so much about how stress and other issues can have an affect on children's brain that can impact their future life. I think that as educators we need to learn about this issues and stressor so that we can provide children with the guidance, support, and referrals they need to one day become productive members of society.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts