Moving Forward



One hope that I have when working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is to take the time to understand and appreciate where they come from. In being respectful, the child and their family will feel warm and welcomed into my classroom without feeling judged. I would also hope to do a project/s that help their peers to be more knowledgeable of the different backgrounds in the classroom so that they may not resort to using bias and stereotypes.
My goal and hope work hand in hand to help children understand each other more. I want to help children eliminate bias and stereotypes at young age so that they may grow to be positive, smart, and successful life long learners.
I would like to thank my colleagues for allowing me learn and grow with you through your blogs and discussions! I have learned so much from you all and have opened my mind to more perspectives due to all of your wonderful ideas. Good luck to you all in the field of early childhood education!

Comments

  1. Hi Angela,
    I think that it is important for children to be able to understand on another in society. Having a positive mindset at an early age would allow children to be successful individuals throughout their lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,
    I resonate with your hopes and goals. An anti-bias environment in childhood is the key to raise adults who are successful, emotionally healthy, and build strong and effective communication skills and relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,

    I believe when children gain the opportunity to learn able each other it makes them more well-rounded. Getting the chance to learn about other cultures and traditions at an really age is key to becoming less judgmental towards other as they develop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts