adjourning



In the adjourning stage, the group is, “moving off into different directions” and the goal of the group has been met, this means that there is an end (Abudi, 2010).  Based on my personal experiences, high performing groups are the hardest to leave. This is because you have gotten so used to working together successfully, and taken the time to get to know each other knowing that you are working towards the same goal. When the groups goal has come to an end, sometimes, it is hard to find similarities outside of the group and it is hard to get together and hang out afterwards. In one group experience, once we were done with the assignment that needed to be completed, we all went out for dinner and celebrated. We did this knowing that it was a good way to have closure and remember this group in a positive way. Adjourning from my classmates in this masters degree program will be bitter sweet. This is because I know that we have grown together and learned from each other. Being so, I know that everyone in this program will be successful because we all learned from each other and are dedicated to reaching the same goal. The end goal is to become academically successful and amazing educators!




Comments

  1. Hi Angela. That's great that you all went out and celebrated to give a lasting impression on one another. It's some that you all will be able to talk about in the future on how amazing the group of people that you worked with. Keeping in touch with everyone is such a good idea to see how far each have come. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resonate with your thinking. We all have grown together both professionally and personally, we have learned so much about being quality early childhood professionals... I am sure we will thrive in our profession, and will be effective communicators and team workers in our personal and professional contexts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful that after your group work concluded, you all were able to go to dinner and celebrate. I agree that it can be hard to find time to get together with one another after a project concludes because everyone leads different lives and may not have the time to reunite. I hope that when we do graduate we can finally meet each other face-to-face and celebrate our accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie. In this course we have learned a lot about communication and collaborative learning. Before taking this course, I did not know that there were so much to learn from. I have learned a lot from the reading and also from my colleagues. I have learned so much from you all, the advice, experiences, and the support. You all were so supportive and gave your opinions and ideas which is something that you didn't have to share. So I thank you for doing that and being apart of the blog and sharing what you know. I have learned a lot. I wish nothing but the best on your journey to where you is headed. My contact information is 601-503-0255 call or text and my email is demondobriant@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts