who am I as a communicator?

When I did the assessments this week, I felt that I was harsh on myself when answering the questions. But it also made me realize that there is a lot of communication skills that I need to improve on. When others assessed me, they thought so highly of me. For example, my husband had no idea that I had a difficult time when it came to public speaking. He said that when he sees me speak in public, I am so confident. This showed me that am a tougher judge on myself than I should be, and there is always room to improve in any communication skill.
I learned that assessments are always given, both to children and adults, to help one to improve, and not to put one down. This can help me in my professional life to help children to understand that tests and assessments are not there to show one how senseless one is, but to show the areas in which one needs to improve, so that they may score higher on the next assessment.

Comments

  1. I resonate with your thinking, there is always room to improve our communication skills. This assignment has bring us so many insights about ourselves and how other's perceive us as communicators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela. I like the fact that you know how to cover up your nervousness to speak in front of a public crowd. It seems that you found that comfort zone to speak. And I definitely agree with you on teaching our children and parents on assessments that they are good to take because we all need room to improve. I tends to read or talk fast in front of people. I am very introverted and I do not like speaking in public. I know that my previous supervisor wrote on my evaluation is that she would like to hear more opinions and thoughts coming from me. I'm always sitting and listening and just agree with what majority go with. Every since then, I have been helping and giving my inputs. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts